Friday, May 16, 2014

Review: Turning This Thing Around by Keith Maginn

Turning This Thing Around by Keith Maginn
Link to buy
ISBN-10: 1481276182
ISBN-13: 978-1481276184
Story Rating: 4 out of 5

Review:
This is a very complicated book. It talks about so many different topics that the book is constantly changing. When I first started reading it I thought it was going to be about one thing and turned into something completely different. This happened a few times throughout the course of the book.

I think the biggest issue that I as a reviewer have with this book is I couldn't relate with any of the problems the author has encountered. There was a combination of feelings I experienced while reading. I felt bad for the guy and the crazy amount of crap he has gone through in his life. I also wanted to have a sit down with him and explain how no one is guaranteed an easy life and yes, life can be hard. Problems do not mean the universe is out to get you. It's just how life goes.

All in all this is definitely an interesting read and the author clearly has talent as a writer. It would be interesting to see him attempt fiction. If you are looking for a book that is inspirational than you should check this out.

Reviewed by Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment